Thursday, May 5, 2011

Discoveries

I find something new about myself everyday. Today, I found that I keep a lot of things hidden, to myself. I suppose it's because I feel slightly diffident about presenting myself the wrong way, to give someone the wrong impression of me. I'm definitely learning to let that self-consciousness go, but again, things such as these take time. Don't get me wrong though, I would never want to portray myself as someone who is not me. Of course I would want to expose my true self, my true interests, my true passions, to the world yet I would want to make sure they have the right idea....I want to avoid a misunderstanding, a misconception of who I am. There are very few in this world who actually understand me and know my likes...however, despite how close they are to me, they don't know everything; even I don't know why I find something fascinating...I would say I'm peculiar, I always have been. I guess that's part of growing up..answering that question, WHY? Why do I like this or that? Why am I like this? To answer that, to accept it and to be content with it, is my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment