Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hume Sweet Hume

Woke up early Friday morning to visit my beautiful beff, Sierra Falco. All summer long she worked as a High Adventure Guide (a HAG) hah at the Hume Lake Christian Camp. She was a guide for the HIGH ROPES COURSE. Once we got to Hume Lake, We splashed in the Sandy Cove. Slid down the "Slippery Rocks" and rafted with my relatives lol. (my uncle has a cabin conveniently at the same place we were) but  anyway, the most extreme part of the trip was definitely the course itself. We started with what's called The Screamer which was basically a free-fall. I chose to fall off the plank backwards with my eyes closed and arms out. Twas  crezyyy aha. After that everyone rock climbed and then came the High Ropes. Me, Carey, and Marty thought PSH it would be a sintch but NO. One tight-rope obstacle after the other was way more challenging than i thought hahaha. Once done, I was glad i actually got through it all without falling (even if in reality we had cables to hold us). The final step of the course was climbing this totem pole and standing on top of it to jump and to try to catch a hanging trapeze! Sounds insane......and it was lol. I climbed the wooden pole and with non-ease, got myself to stand up on it. Being 15 ft high, it was preeetty gnarly aha but I still jumped and reached for the trapeze, barely touching the thing...oh well, i figured...next time. hahaha the course was for sure an experience of a lifetime! Overall it was a gorgeous trip with family, friends, forest, and fun. boy did i miss nature and the Sequoias.



No comments:

Post a Comment