Friday, June 17, 2011

└♥A

Gosh, pictures (especially ones from my crap ass phone camera) can't capture how legit today was...I mean, I wish I at least had a decent camera to at least come close to documenting the wonderfulness of my day in LA hah..but really, nothing will do justice. It was that tight. I love doin hoodrat stuff with muh frenz!
Ah anyway 
FIRST, I drove to LA with my homegirl Tisha to meet up with my college bros, Jeff and Ed. We met up at Ed's family restaurant BAMBOO and all hopped into Jeff's car and headed toward LACMA. 
We started off wandering through these plastic vines LOL long story..but anyway 
we entered the world of Tim Burton:
this was the only photo i was allowed to take: the entrance. Nonetheless, it was a fascinating exhibit and I now love Tim Burton even more! 

AFTER LACMA we went to the Farmer's Market at the Grove. I tried Brazilian food for the first time, not bad. I also had a Brazilian drink named Guatana..pronounced GWA-TAWN-AH. lol!
NEXT STOP was MOCA. jizz.in.my.pants. Honestly, the Art in the Streets exhibit we went through blew my brain. It was HUGE. There was so much to see and it was all so DOPE.  
 From outside
 Damn, okay soo....not gunna lie....Banksy may be over hyped now but his Section in the exhibit BEAT. I would look at one piece and go "This one's awesome" then look at the one next to it and go "This one too"..."and this one"  (lol true story). 

This is a sad excuse for a documentary photo and you may not see the legitimate detail but no joke, this was one of the sickest parts of the exhibit. There was a whole portion where one could go through a replica of the environment and experience really how the art was incorporated in the streets. I felt like I was actually in the hood!
 I really regret not taking more pictures and only offering mediocre snippets of this tight azz exhibit but anyhow, this is one of the many rooms one can enter, viewing different forms of street art. This room was called "Cosmic Fun". 
"let's have fun !....cosmically"-Ed 
Sadly our time at MOCA was cut because of the closing time at 8, but then we all decided to get some "fancy" ice cream at Scoops. I sampled the shit out of that place LOL but it's only because they had a lot of fascinating flavors such as Early Grey, Green Tea w/ Brown Rice, Balsamic Berry w/ Poppy seeds,   etc. I ended up with a scoop of what's called "Brown Bread" and Chai. nom bomb. 
LAST STOP was The Observatory on the Hollywood Hill. We got to view Saturn which was pretty cool hah. We ascended to the highest roof and gazed at the sea of city lights. It was a marvelous way to end the day. 
So yeah, wow. Today was BEYOND eventful. I'm always down to go to cool places, especially with chill people. I am now pooped though. So hope your day was as adventurous as mine and goodnight!  



No comments:

Post a Comment