Saturday, December 10, 2011

Where I work

I woke up at 7 am today to volunteer at this charity event called Breakfast with Santa hosted by the restaurant I work at (Salt Creek Grille), Toys for Tots, and this station called Combat Radio. We were able to provide the less fortunate children of our valley: a breakfast buffet, balloon animals, face paintings, a chance to meet some underground celebrities, and take a picture and get a present from Santa. Plus, we were all surrounded by good music from bands and carolers, and characters from Star Wars haha they had Santa hats on. hilarious! Everyone also got to participate in a raffle that offered some pretty good prizes. I actually won a signed soccer ball by Werner Roth. Everyone was also given a lot of freebees: comedy show tickets, autographs (i got one from Uncle Ruckus from the Boondocks), t-shirts, and FOOD lol. It was a very festive and heart warming event. I love the feeling I get after I volunteer and I appreciate where I work more now since they hosted this whole event.

No comments:

Post a Comment